PRISM LGBTQ+ Youth Workshop: CHOIR BOY (In-Person)
Join us for our March PRISM session where we will explore Ujima Theatre’s upcoming show Choir Boy. We will be joined by some performers from Ujima, discuss common themes, and write in response to Choir Boy.
“Choir Boy,” is a portrait of male adolescent turmoil within the walls of a prestigious African-American prep school. The poignant script is filled with deft observations on class, race, and sexuality. It is a coming-of-age story – a story about responses to human differences and to bullying.
This In-Person session will be held at Starlight Studio, located at 340 Delaware Ave.
This workshop series is ideal for you if you:
- Want to express themselves freely, without rules or inhibitions.
- Love the idea of trying new things and new ways of doing things.
- Want to connect with new friends with similar questions and desires.
- Feel ready (though maybe a little scared) to share their writing in a group.
- Are interested in exploring their own lives as writing material and sharing some of what comes up. (We tend to get a little personal.)
- Want to learn new things!