Tarot Writing with Sherry Robbins (Hybrid)
A Fool’s Journey from innocence through experience to insight, using the idea of fortune and oracle to see through your writer’s blocks. No knowledge of tarot required—just curiosity and a spirit of exploration.
During this three-session adult writing workshop, we will cover a brief history and cosmology of tarot, and then use the images and symbols of various decks to prompt your own creative responses.
- Saturday, October 9 @ 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 16 @ 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 23 @ 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
*NOTE: Past participants will be offered ways to deepen their engagement, while beginners are welcome. We will cover a brief history of tarot.
This workshop is limited to 12 in-person participants with the option to join virtually.
- COVID SAFETY: We’ll be following social distancing protocol and providing masks and sanitizer as needed.
- ACCESSIBILITY NOTE: If you have any questions/issues accessing any of these opportunities, please let us know and we will work with you to make sure you can participate.
Sherry Robbins has conducted creative writing workshops throughout New York State and abroad for more than 30 years and works with hundreds of students each year. She has a Masters in the poetics of ecstasy and three books of poetry, Under World, Snapshots of Paradise and Or, the Whale. Sherry ran her own letterpress for years, is a certified yoga teacher, and a multi-year panelist for the NEA’s Art Works program.