PRISM: YOUtopian Youth Writing Workshop
Inspired by utopian fiction (a genre of writing that takes place in idealized worlds), at this session, you’ll discuss, create, and write versions of YOUR utopia.
A library? An arcade? A park? A pillow fort? A spaceship? A kingdom? Who is in it? What does it smell like? What, if any, are the rules? Collage, poetry, art, fiction: join us and create your idealized utopia!
This month, PRISM will be located at Just Buffalo Writing Center.
PRISM is a monthly creative writing workshop in collaboration with GLYS WNY, Teen Reality Theatre, and Just Buffalo Literary Center. All LGBTQ+ youth and friends are welcome to participate! This workshop series is ideal if you:
- Want to express themselves freely, without rules or inhibitions
- Love the idea of trying new things and new ways of doing things
- Want to connect with new friends with similar questions and desires
- Feel ready (though maybe a little scared) to share your writing in a group
- Are interested in exploring your own lives as writing material and sharing some of what comes up (we tend to get a little personal)
- Want to learn new things!