The Everyday Memoir with Mike Scalise (Hybrid)
In this three-session adult writing workshop, we will search everywhere but our bookshelves for the building blocks of essays and memoirs, then use what we find to improve our personal writing in new, exciting ways.
During the first session, we’ll discuss memoir’s core concepts and how to see them in your daily lives. During the second session, we’ll examine how elements of our daily lives use memoir’s concepts in compelling, interesting ways. During the third and final session, we’ll incorporate what we’ve learned about the everyday memoir in our own personal writing, then share the results.
Join writer Mike Scalise for this 3-day adult writing workshop:
- Wednesday, March 2, 2022 @ 7:30 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022 @ 7:30 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022 @ 7:30 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
This workshop is limited to 12 in-person participants with the option to join virtually.
- COVID SAFETY: We’ll be following social distancing protocol and providing masks and sanitizer as needed.
- ACCESSIBILITY NOTE: If you have any questions/issues accessing any of these opportunities, please let us know and we will work with you to make sure you can participate.
Mike Scalise’s memoir, The Brand New Catastrophe (Sarabande Books), was the recipient of The Center for Fiction’s Christopher Doheny Award. His work has appeared in The New York Times, AGNI, Indiewire, The Paris Review Daily, and elsewhere. He has received fellowships and scholarships from Bread Loaf, Yaddo, the Ucross Foundation, and was the Philip Roth Writer in Residence at Bucknell University.
(photo credit: Bahara Emami)