18 Aug The 7th Annual Just Buffalo Member Poetry Contest
Deadline to Enter: February 5, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Just Buffalo Literary Center is pleased to announce the winners of the 7th Annual Member Poetry Contest.
Judge’s Prize Winner: Justin Karcher
Audience Prize Winner: Molly Farber and Irene Sipos (tie)
Pictured (left to right): Laurie Dean Torrell, Just Buffalo Executive Director; Irene Sipos, Audience Prize Winner (tie); Molly Farber, Audience Prize Winner (tie); Justin Karcher, Judge’s Prize Winner; Sherry Robbins, 2015 Reading Judge
Who Can Enter?
The contest is open to Just Buffalo members in good standing at the time of submission. Contestants may join Just Buffalo via the website or by sending a check for $40 along with their entry.
Join Just Buffalo
- Submit one poem (up to 2 typed pages) on any subject. Submissions that exceed this length will be rejected with no refund of membership costs.
- Include a separate cover page that includes name, address, telephone and email. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE POEM ITSELF. JUDGING IS BLIND. One submission per entrant.
- ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY. Word document format.
- Submissions by non-members or lapsed members will be rejected unless annual membership ($40) is paid in full before contest deadline. If you are unsure of your membership status, write us at email@example.com to find out.
- Contestants must read their own poem at the Members’ Contest Reading on Thursday, February 26, 2015, in order to be eligible for the Audience Prize.
Submit entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on Thursday, February 5, 2015.
About This Year's Judge
Sherry has two chapbooks of poetry, Snapshots Of Paradise and Or, the Whale, as well as the complete edition of Or, the Whale, and dozens of poems in literary journals and anthologies here and in Spain and Portugal, including Earth’s Daughters, Salmagundi, Denver Quarterly and Poets At Work.
Reading Event & Winners
- The Judge’s Award, chosen by Ms. Robbins
- An Audience Award, to be voted on by the audience present at the reading
Each winner will receive a $50 cash prize, a gift certificate from Talking Leaves Books, publication in The Public, and a certificate of recognition from Just Buffalo Literary Center.